Dermal Filler Aftercare
Conveniently located to serve Seattle and Bellevue
- Avoid alcohol 5 days before and at least 24 hours after to reduce bruising/swelling.
- Avoid supplements such as fish oil, omega vitamins, and Ibuprofen, Aspirin or NSAIDs which increase chance of swelling/bruising starting 5 days before your procedure. Wait 3 days before resuming.
- Bruising may occur in the areas treated and last 1-2 weeks. You may take OTC Arnica/Bromelain to improve bruising beginning 3 days before and 7 days after. Please lightly apply ice packs to improve any bruising in first 72 hours. Be careful not to press firmly on areas treated.
- Swelling: Mild swelling is expected and may take 2 weeks to resolve. This is especially common in the lips as this area is sensitive and swells easily.
- Discomfort: You may take Tylenol for mild discomfort.
- Results are immediate and may last 1-2 years depending on filler used and areas treated.
- Don’t massage areas treated unless instructed to do so
- Wait 12 hours before applying makeup
- Don’t smoke for 12 hours afterwards
- Avoid any activity causing facial flushing such as exercise, saunas, and prolonged sun exposure for 24 hours as this may increase bruising and swelling
Any area of bruising that begins to spread, is blanching (skin turns white), has unusual or continued pain, excessive heat from the area, or if you feel generally unwell please CALL us immediately.